I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, cauliflower is one of the most versatile vegetables out there. Cauliflower can make a good substitute for rice, mashed, potatoes, tator tots, and today, buffalo wings. This healthy vegetarian option can be as spicy as you like and it’s low in calories! With SNAP-Ed NY, we encourage people to make half their plate fruits and vegetables, and with this delicious dish, getting those extra veggies in is no problem.
· 8 cups 1 ½-inch cauliflower florets
· 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
· ¼ teaspoon salt
· 1-2 tablespoons Sriracha or other hot sauce, to taste
· ½ teaspoon black pepper
· 1 tablespoon lemon juice
· Cooking oil spray
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Toss cauliflower, oil and salt in a large bowl. Spread on the prepared baking sheet; reserve the bowl. Roast the cauliflower until it’s starting to soften and brown on the bottom, about 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, combine hot sauce to taste, black pepper, and lemon juice in the large bowl. Add the roasted cauliflower and toss to coat. Return the cauliflower to the baking sheet and continue roasting until hot, about 5 minutes more.
Servings: about 10
Serving Size: ¾ cup
Total Fat: 7g
Saturated Fat: 2g
Total Carbohydrate: 8g
Dietary Fiber: 3g
Total Sugars: 3g