For all you nacho-lovers out there, try this healthier recipe.
Whole wheat tortilla chips
Low-fat cheese (or just enough regular cheese to taste it)
Lean meat, such as 90%+ beef, turkey or chicken
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Precook any meat you choose to use
3. Line cookie sheet with foil and place a single layer of chips on top
4. Add your choice of toppings (minus [lite] sour cream/Greek yogurt and guacamole or avocado. Add these just before eating)
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes, checking to make sure they don’t burn, but your cheese is melty enough
You can really make it anything you’d like it to be. Use meat, seafood, or make them veggie nachos.
Tip: try plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream since it’s similar consistency and taste and make your own guac (using herbs and spices and fresh veggies) or place avocado on top when they’re all done!