One of my favorite ways to prepare potatoes is to roast them. Roasting gives them a nice crispy texture on the outside, with a soft inside. The rosemary and salt combination provides a burst of flavor and will keep you wanting more.
Potatoes often get a bad reputation in terms of healthy dishes, but that is largely due to what we put on them. This recipe will fill you up without costing you the calories.
Select potatoes that look clean, smooth, firm, with no cuts, bruises or discoloration. Store potatoes in a cool, well-ventilated place for best results.
ROASTED ROSEMARY POTATOES
Vegetable cooking spray
1 pound Russet or Yukon Gold Potatoes (3 medium/3 cups cubed)
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
½ teaspoon rosemary
½ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Coat a baking sheet with vegetable cooking spray.
3. Wash and peel the potatoes
4. Cut the potatoes into ½ inch cubes and put them in a large bowl.
5. Put the oil, rosemary, and salt in a small bowl. Stir together.
6. Pour the oil mix over the potatoes. Stir to coat the potatoes evenly.
7. Spread the potatoes on the baking sheet.
8. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Serving size: ½ cup
Nutrition Facts: Total calories - 41; total fat - 2g; sodium - 196mg; carbohydrates - 6g; dietary fiber - 1g; protein - 1g.