Malone AMVETS Post 8 Commander, Bruce Allen, reported that on the afternoon of Feb. 9, around 4:30 p.m. a house was on fire across from the AMVETS. Jeff Shatraw of Shat’s Grocery happened to be at the AMVETS and quickly acted and went to the lawn of the house and got the owner, Ann Purdy, out of the cold and brought her to the clubhouse.

The Sons of the AMVETS and the Ladies Auxiliary provided the firemen and rescue responders with food and beverages during the blaze. The club was also used as a warming station for those battling the fire.

The AMVET organization commends Mr. Shatraw for his quick actions and thankful for his bravery.

Bruce Allen

Malone

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Johnson Newspapers 7.1

Tags

Recommended for you